Monday, September 08, 2008
We went to the doc today. I am at 4 cm. Which is great, but come on baby, L-E-T-S-G-O Let's Go Let's Go! I had a minor breakdown this weekend about him not coming.
Now, I know you are thinking, as is EVERYONE "you aren't due until tomorrow" And that is why I promptly punch you in the nose.
Three weeks ago, I was at a 2 and the doc said, hmmmm, I bet you won't make it 2 weeks.
2 weeks later she says (on Thursday) wow, you are at a 3.5, I bet you won't make it past the weekend.
It is the anticipation and excitement and let down that is killing me. Because I thought for sure he would be here by now. Especially with medical expertise backing that up!
That and everyone at work saying such helpful things like "WOW you are STILL here?" and "I didn't expect to see you here this late" and "How are you feeling, besides Huge". Well, I will tell you how I am feeling: Like filliping the bird to anyone that says things like: "Oh, with a boy, you could have two more weeks" or "I was stuck at 2 cm for like 3 or 4 weeks" or "I thought you would have been done by now" or "Have you dropped? I don't think you have", or the sweet old bag in the elevator that asked if I was having twins. Twins. I took her cane and hit her in the knee.
Anyhoo, we scheduled an induction on Thursday if nothing happens before then. I would be totally freaking out if I didn't have that bright spot of hope in my life....
Here's to Gram and Thursday: L-E-T-S-G-O!
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
So, in order for that carseat to be filled, here are Things I've Been Doing to Get This Kid Moving:
1. We went on a long #$% walk the other day along the lovely Boise Greenbelt. Most of the reason it ended up being about two miles, is we were looking for a bathroom, and instead of turing back, said to ourselves: There has to be one around this bend. There was, a mile later.....so more walking, I think...right?
2. Sitting on The Ball. Rumor has it this will help. So far, I have just been bouncing around.
3. Eating Spicy Foods. Do Chili's Boneless Buffalo Wings count?
4. Getting a Pedicure. I got a sweet gift card to a local spa and am going to get the Deluxe Floating Feather Pedicure. Here is the Divine Description:
Deluxe Floating Feather® Pedicure: 75-minute treatment. This ultimate pedicure starts off with a relaxing foot soak and includes nail grooming, cuticle maintenance, and oil massage of the cuticles. An exfoliating scrub is rubbed on the feet and the calves followed by an extended foot massage. The feet are then dipped into a paraffin wax followed by a foot mask. This refreshing treatment is finished with a polish application.
Sounds Divine to me. I will let you know how that goes!
5. I finished things at work that were hanging over my head. FINISHED I said. The stress should be gone, no? PS I even went into work late today. And left early (mainly due to paint fumes and did not want to get the child high before he even comes into this world).
6. There are "other" ways, but I will not post about them, as I know you are all innocent. Not saying we have tried them or anything, just sayin....
Any ideas out there??