Friday, June 17, 2005

Funny Thing Happened....

So, yesterday I borrow my boss' car to go to this crazy meeting that I had. She always lets me borrow her car every now and then for those oh so important "staff meetings". She has a very lovely 1991 Honda Accord WAGON with like 150,000 miles on it, or something like that. So, there I was, driving downtown to this fabulous meeting. Well, I was pulling into the parking lot, and I was behind this big monster of a Dodge Half Ton Truck in front of me, looking for a spot. Well. I guess there was one BEHIND him, and BEHIND me that he wanted. He starts to back up. I am stunned. I look to the rear view mirror. There is a car behind ME, waiting for us to go. So I can't back up. I am trapped!!! I look at the Ram. He stops, so I think, oh he has seen me. Wrong. He is just readjusting his wheel or something, takes his foot of the brake, and continues to back up. He is about 20 feet in front of me. Or so. I frantically search for the horn in this foreign Honda Wagon. I bang on the middle of the steering wheel. No luck. It has those lame little honkers on either side of the steering wheel. I start beeping away. beep beep beep. No response BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. No response. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPP
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. The truck still comes. There is nothing I can do but wait. I have no control over the huge black thing coming my way, I see it come right over the top of the car, and come to rest on top of the Honda. When they named the RAM, they sure named the RAM. Because it RAMMED me. Old Man. Big Truck. No Mix. No Damage to the Black Monster.

No injuries. Don't worry. I called my boss' husband, because I knew she was with a patient, and he conviently works next door to us. I am like I've never been in an accident before. I am freaking out!!!....anyway, all was fine. It's not like it was a Lexus or something. Just a car. Wagon at that. Thank goodness.

I guess that is it. It is raining today and we are supposed to go camping tonight about 2 hours away. Maybe the weater forecast will change because I bought a lot of hot dogs.....

Later Dude.

No comments: