Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up.

So, the other day, there was my super cute niece, Maddy. She was getting into the van to go to preschool, (she is the tender age of FIVE) and she says to her mom "Mom, I know what I want to be when I grow up". Melissa, my sister in law, is like, oh okay, "What do you want to be when you grow up, Maddy?" Now, at this point, most parents would expect " I want to be a nurse" or maybe "I want to be a doctor" or maybe even "I want to be an actress", or possibly even "I want to be a princess". Yea, princess, probably the most likely.

Oh no, not Maddy. She says "I want to be a paleontologist". Melissa is like, "Oh, what's a paleontologist" and Maddy replies "You go and dig up dinosaur bones, mom!" in quite an exasperated tone because Melissa had no idea what the heck a Paleontologist was. Then, later that day, Kyle, my cute and adorable husband asks Maddy "Why do you want to be a Paleontolgist?" and Maddy says, in her sassy, what are you asking such a question voice, "Because I like dinosaurs". Come on, Kyle, like that wasn't totally obivous!! I mean, really!......

She is really a smart kid. And I am not trying to even be biased. She really is smart. I hope she stays that way, and that she doesn't lose her dream of becoming a Paleontologist!

When I grow up, I want to be a.........

No comments: